A Global Art Drop
It's come around again - time to art n' seek! Get on board for Game of Shrooms 2021. This exciting world-wide art event happens once a year, with artists around the globe creating and hiding mushroom themed artworks. Location hints are posted on social media for eager shroom hunters and then it's FINDERS KEEPERS - LOSERS WEEPERS!
Started by artist Daniel “Attaboy” Seifert, Game of Shrooms has grown massively over recent years with thousands of shroom hiders and hunters participating in 2020.
#Shroomdrop Shroom Hunting
I first participated as an artist in Game of Shrooms 2020, hiding four delicious candy mushies in Fremantle Perth (despite the wild and stormy weather). This year I'll be hiding my original artwork shrooms around my hometown of Geraldton, Western Australia.
Follow me for Location Hints
To receive sneaky location hints and snaffle one for yourself, follow my social media pages - first there gets to take one of these bad boys home! My pieces are completely handmade from polymer clay, resin and mixed media.
How to Participate
Check out what artist's are participating near you on the official map, or sign up yourself and get busy creating. You can also RSVP as a participant (hider or hunter) on the Game of Shrooms 2021 Facebook Event.
- Make paintings, sculpture or other art. Whatever your medium of choice, 3D or 2D, get creative with the mushroom theme in mind. The unique and fun thing about Game of Shrooms is the amazing amount of diversity and interpretation out there.
- Post teasers online. Get people excited about hunting shrooms by posting some previews of your artwork. Be sure to let them know that's where you'll be posting your hints!
- Put your IG tag on the back and #shroomdrop and #gameofshrooms if you can. This way hunters can notify you if they find your piece.
- Plant or place art on June 12th 2021. Don’t damage nature or property. Avoid protected and restricted areas. If it rains, find covered areas or ask to hide inside friendly stores. Be mindful to #leavenotrace
- Snap some photo clues. Try a close up and also a wide shot. Show a visible landmark of some kind and use a location tag and post the hints to your social media.
- Wait and see. Hopefully whoever finds your work will notify you of their success!