WHAT IS GAME OF SHROOMS?
Game of Shrooms is a worldwide art scavenger hunt, first created in 2019 by Hi-Fructose magazine co-founder and artist Daniel “Attaboy” Seifert. While #shroomdrop usually takes place on June 13th across the globe, this year the date has been pushed to August 15th 2020 due to Covid-19 restrictions. This gives you time to jump on board and participate!
HOW TO FOR ARTISTS
Here's a nice How To Guide for Artists, courtesy of @attayumfactory himself! It is not too late to make a shroom and participate in your area. It Is open to ALL artists everywhere, of all ages and notoriety;
- Make a painting or sculpture or other art. If you are doing little paintings, I find it is best to add little popsicle sticks to bottom of them in the back so that the art doesn’t get dirty if placed near the ground. But sculptures, little canvases and more are good, too. I suggest making a few small works for best results.
- Post preview teasers if you like. Be sure to mention the city you are in too and #tag it unless of course want to be a mysterious farmer.
- Put your IG tag on the back and #shroomdrop #gameofshrooms if you can.
- Plant or place art. Don’t hurt nature or property. The idea is that the human space gets invaded by nature. So Avoid protected parks and trails! If it rains, you Can hide inside friendly Indy stores as well, if you ask they’ll even help you often)
- After you plant, take a few photo clues to post. I suggest a close up, then a wide shot, with a landmark of some kind visible (old church, sign post, etc) location tag helps if you are in a suburban area.
Don’t hurt nature or property. #leavenotrace
- Oh and be sure to hide it/them on August 15th! Remember if they find it, they keep it! Good Luck!
Follow @attayumfactory for further developments, and take a look at his beautiful sculptural paintings that investigate themes of death, decomposition and rebirth.
Using polymer clay and mixed media, I have created four little shrooms inspired by cupcakes and ice cream. Delicious AND sinister! The best combination. While I'm located in Geraldton Western Australia, I may actually be in Perth on the drop date of August 15th! I'll know for sure a bit closer to #shroomdrop 2020. If you'd like to keep informed and possibly nab one of my shrooms for yourself, be sure to follow my Facebook and Instagram for updates and locations hints. Good luck everyone!